Friday, April 11, 2014

"Letter to my Younger Self"


Cover
Back
Hello.
"Letter to my Younger Self" was a zine that I purchased off of Etsy. This zine was created by Scissorkix, also known as Erin. This is a letter that she had written to her teenage self about things that she was facing, such as depression, eating disorders, and self harm. 
My zine came with this adorable little button, and some flyers advertising her shop! Along with a very nice thank you note (if you can't tell by my other posts I am obsessed with thank you notes). 
This zine is very well written and inspiring. I myself had very sad, self-conscious teenage years, so I was really able to get inside of these writings and understand as well as appreciate how well Erin talks about her teenage years. I wish I could have read this zine when I was about 15, struggling with a sense of self-purpose. To this day I still struggle, so this is a good read when you are feeling down on yourself and need some inspiring words.
All in all this zine was beautiful and I love it. I always appreciate work that goes into making something beautiful, and this zine was well written and made me remember back to when I was so depressed, self-conscious, full of anxiety and how much I have overcome.

You can buy this zine on Etsy, you can also check out Erin's other works on her website, which I would strongly recommend.

Thank you so much for reading.
Positive vibes,
-Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment